Webinar on Demand: HIPAA Hot Topics and Current Events
CHIA Product Code: WEB121
Webinar Date: August 29, 2017
About Webinars on Demand:
CHIA offers Webinars on Demand, which are available for purchase* after the live Webinar has been presented. This convenient format consists of the full 60-90 minute recorded presentation, distributed handout, and accompanying Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Certificate. Each Webinar on Demand is only available for purchase and access for one year after the original recording date.
After purchase, a Purchase Confirmation will be sent to the purchaser’s primary email address. It contains links to access the Webinar presentation using a streaming or download format. Also included will be the handouts and CEU Certificate links. Participants are encouraged to use the handouts while following the presentation.
*Sold separately from the live Webinar.
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
This presentation will dive into topics such as patient’s right of access and how attorneys are using newly clarified guidance to their advantage. The presenter will also highlight new information about the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) Phase 2 HIPAA Audit Program. Other topics such as January’s SAMHSA final rule, the Cures Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s actions and various security issues such as mobile devices, phishing and ransomware will be discussed.
• The latest HIPAA privacy and security rules and guidance issued by OCR;
• Best practices that are being used to operationally manage privacy and security compliance in light of recent changes;
• Up to date information, in summary form, about the OCR Phase 2 HIPAA Audit Program, including useful tools created by Mr. McLendon for use in audit learning and preparation;
• Recent examples of privacy, security and breach hot cases used to illustrate enforcement focus;
• How other regulators and parties are issuing new rules and guidance concerning privacy and security.
Managing Director, CompliancePro Solutions
Kelly McLendon, RHIA, CHPS
Mr. McLendon has been a HIM practitioner for over 38 years and was awarded the 2015 Innovator Triumph award. Kelly is a founder of CompliancePro Solutions. He has received numerous other awards, has published a tremendous number of articles and professional references, including a book about legal health records. He also has authored privacy and security curriculums for Associates, Baccalaureate and Masters level colleges and universities.
Privacy, Security, Compliance, and Chief Information Officers; HIM Managers; Practice/Medical Office Managers; General Counsel; HR staff involved in compliance education; Physicians.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This program is approved for 2 CEUs by AHIMA, AAPC and BRN. HIM Domain: Privacy and Security.