UPDATED February 2016!
Field tested by hundreds of students in schools around the U.S., this easy-to-follow text is designed to take an extremely "non-technical" student with zero background in PV, and literally teach them how to design and install a variety of residential PV systems.
This text is also designed to help prepare students who wish to sit for industry-accepted certification programs such as the ETA Level 1 PV Certification or the NABCEP PV Certificate Program. Each chapter contains multiple choice review questions, as well as labs that comply with "hands-on" requirement of the ETA certification.
This 268-page textbook includes the following chapters:
* Introduction to Photovoltaics
* Solar Cells and Solar Modules
* Types of Photovoltaic Systems
* Basic Electrical Concepts
* Parts of the PV System
* Conducting a Site Survey
* Designing the System
* Installing the Balance of Systems
* Testing and Commissioning the System
* System Maintenance and Troubleshooting
* Chapter Objectives
* 200 Chapter Review Questions
* 23 Hands-On Labs
* 173 Illustrations and Tables
* Easy-to-Read narrative
* Highlighted and Indexed Terms
* Updated with Changes from the 2014 NEC
- Classroom Power Points available that correspond to the text
- FREE Desk Copies available for review (simply contact us at email@example.com to discuss)
- Detailed answer keys for practice problems,
- Dozens of practice scenarios with answer key,
- Lab instruction and notes.
- Lab kits are also available.
- Updated annually.
- Electronic versions available.