Once registered you can access the login instructions and link from the "My Transactions" section of the website-under Downloadable Products.
Session Description: This series of educational sessions focus on best practices within the five areas of child care. Whether your agency maintains licensed after school programs or not, in these sessions you will find best practices that can be implemented in after school and summer camp programs.
- List records that should be maintained on participants.
- Discuss accident reporting and drills for fire and evacuation.
- Identify facility records to be maintained and length of time to maintain.
- Identify the types of inspections that you should have.
- Identify facility safety concerns including fencing and evacuation plans.
- Discuss the best practices for first aid kits.
- Identify what should be included in a parent handbook.
- Learn about forms that should be utilized and maintained.
- Discuss securing forms with personal information included.
- Identify appropriate child/staff ratios for general program and field trips.
- Discuss transportation and needs for driver, vehicle, and documentation.
- Discuss food handling best practices. Identify what documentation should be maintained on program staff.
- Identify training that is best for personnel working in after school or summer camp programs.
- Discuss available credentials for personnel working in after school programs.
Jennifer McMahon, CPRP
Jennifer is the Recreation Director for the City of St Pete Beach. She has her Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation Administration from Indiana University and her Master’s in Adult Education. She has worked professionally in the field of Parks and Recreation for over 25 years and is a presenter at many local, state and national conference on recreational programming and operations.
Krista Pincince, CPRP
Krista Pincince is the assistant director for the Largo, Recreation, Parks and Arts Department. She oversees the budget, including revenues and expenses, for the recreation divisions of the department. Krista works closely with the recreation managers and supervisors within the department in evaluating cost recovery on programs offered. During her 19 years with the department, she has also held the positions of special events coordinator and recreation program manager where the cost recovery model was utilized in program pricing and evaluation.