In addition to working to promote and preserve the profession, the Maine Osteopathic Association offers many services to benefits to you. Here are a few examples of membership benefits:
- The Maine Osteopathic Association (MOA) is the only association representing the Osteopathic physicians in the State of Maine and their unique needs as well as the needs of our patients. The Administrative Director of the MOA, Angela Westhoff splits her time between running the day-to-day administrative functions of the organization and serving as a chief lobbyist at the State House and spokesperson for the Association.
- The MOA Legislative committee reviews bills each legislative session, monitors pertinent legislation and testifies in front of various committees at the State House. The MOA is very active in lobbying on a significant number of primary care and public health bills each session.
- The MOA is also very active in the "Physicians Payment and Therapy Relief Act of 2010" and regularly lobbies our federal Senators and Representatives on this issue.
- The MOA Payor/Payee Relations committee is the only committee dedicated strictly to osteopathic physician reimbursement issues in Maine. We have national expertise relevant to billing, coding, and OMT reimbursements in particular and have been successful in assisting our members with these issues.
- High quality discounted CME programs through the Midwinter Conference and Annual Convention
- Affordable group dental insurance for you, your family, and your staff
- Discounted services through our Preferred Vendor Program, including medical supplies, bill collection, call services, financial planning and other many exciting new benefits coming!
- Up-to-date information through the MOA website and e-newsletters focusing on key policy and practice issues.