NOTE: THIS PUBLICATION HAS BEEN SUPERSEDED BY THE 6TH EDITION. THE PDF VERSION IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE HERE. THE PRINTED (HARDCOPY) VERSION WILL BE AVAILABLE ON OCTOBER 30, 2017.
68 pp.; 5th Edition - 2nd Printing
Stamped PDF version (6th Edition) available.
Table of Contents:
- Design Requirements
- Methods of Splicing
- Designing and Specifying Splices
- Applications of End Anchorages and Splices
- Sample Detailed Column Schedules
- Field Assembly of Splices and Erection of Reinforcing Bars
- Referenced Documents
- Appendix A - Development and Lap Splice Tables
- Appendix B - Mechanical Splices
- Appendix C - Supporting Formulas for Tables in Appendix A
- Appendix D - Mechanical Splice Manufacturers
The definitive source for information on development and splicing of reinforcing bars. Features technical data on mechanical splices including load tests for Type 1 and Type 2 splices. Includes extensive tables of development and lap splice lengths for Grade 60 reinforcing bars with 3,000 to 10,000 psi concrete compressive strengths, and development and lap splice tables for epoxy-coated reinforcing bars, including development length tables. Also includes expanded information on headed bars.
2nd Printing conforms to ACI 318-11 and AASHTO bridge specifications.
Product code: 10-SPLBK