NOTICE: If you will be placing a large order of this publication, please order in quantities of 28 for faster processing.
288 pp.; 9th Edition
Stamped PDF version available.
Click here for discounted bundle pricing.
A Canadian version of Placing Reinforcing Bars can be purchased through RSIC!!!! Click here to order.
Notable Updates and Revisions:
- Beam bolsters were revised to show them running longitudinally, rather than transverse.
- Expanded coverage of reinforcing bars to include rail- and axle-steel (ASTM A996), stainless-steel (ASTM A955) and low-carbon chromium (ASTM A1035).
- Added nylon sling capacity tables according to current OSHA guidelines.
- Updated coverage of mechanical splices according to current Reinforcing Bars: Anchorages and Splices publication.
- Updated welded splice coverage according to AWS D1.4-2011.
- Expanded coverage of contractor (dropped) bars.
- Updated illustrations of standard column ties and special condition column ties.
- Expanded and updated safety precautions coverage, emphasizing the importance of jobsite safety.
- Updated coverage of bar supports, spiral fabrication tolerances, and first-bar placement according to current Manual of Standard Practice.
- Updated and expanded mobile crane and construction tower crane signals, according to ASME B30.3-2009 and B30.5-2007.
Table of Contents:
- Reinforced Concrete Definitions
- Reinforced Concrete Building Construction
- Bridge Construction
- Reinforcing Steel -- Purpose and Location in Concrete
- Fabricated Reinforcing Bars
- Safety Precautions
- Unloading, Storing and Handling Reinforcing Bars at the Jobsite
- Placing Drawings and Bar Lists
- Bar Supports
- General Principles for Placing, Splicing and Tying Reinforcing Bars
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Footings, Walls and Columns
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Floors and Roofs
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Post-Tensioned Floor Systems
- Transportation Structures
- Highway and Airport Pavements
- Inspection of Reinforcing Steel
- Coated Reinforcing Steel
- Appendix A - Metric Reinforcing Bars
This unique and popular publication presents the best accepted current practices in placing reinforcing bars in structures and pavement. It is written for apprentices, journeymen ironworkers, and inspectors. A definitive resource for preparing provisions in project specifications. Eighteen heavily illustrated chapters cover topics including types of materials, handling of bars at the jobsite, general principles for bar placing, splicing, and tying, bar placement in footings, walls, columns, floors, roofs, pavement and transportation structures. Also includes a chapter on epoxy-coated and other coated reinforcement.
Product code: 10-PLACE