When parents need guidance on raising gifted kids, they can turn to Success Strategies for Parenting Gifted Kids: Expert Advice From the National Association for Gifted Children. This collection of practical, dynamic articles from NAGC's Parenting for High Potential magazine:
- Offers parents the support and resources they need to help their children find success in school and beyond.
- Presents easy-to-understand research-based concepts and practical how-to strategies.
- Is written by leading experts in the field of gifted education.
- Provides advice for navigating complex issues that gifted students may face.
- Gives parents an easy-to-understand overview of each topic based on research and best practices.
Chapters address such topics as underachievement, twice-exceptionality, acceleration, underrepresented populations, student advocacy, and more. Additionally, the book includes discussion and reflection questions that are perfect for parent support groups, conversations with families and children, and individual parent reflections.
Authors: Kathleen Nilles, Jennifer L. Jolly, Ph.D., Joan Franklin Smutney, Ph.D.
Edited by: Tracy Ford Inman, Ed.D.
Publisher: Prufrock Press, 2020
Pages: 350, paperback