Updated for the 21st Century, the latest version of NASPO's flagship publication features a durable hard cover, new chapters on technology procurement, protests and eProcurement, as well as new content on human services and emerging issues in public procurement. Also included is revised content on antitrust laws written from a legal perspective by a nationally recognized attorney. The new reader-friendly format makes learning about state and local procurement easy! Written by nationally recognized professional procurement practitioners, the text focuses on the evolving role of the state and local procurement official and provides a primer in the skills necessary to develop and lead a successful procurement office.
Topics also covered by this innovative guide include:
- Current Trends in State and Local Procurement
- Strategic Procurement Organization, Policy and Authority
- Competitive Methods and Managing Contracts
- Contracting for Services
- Bid Evaluation and Award
- Cooperative Multi-State Purchasing
- Green Procurement
- Emergency Preparedness
- Procurement of Construction and Project Delivery Methods
- Specifications, Designs and Scopes of Work
- At over 350 pages, there is no more comprehensive guide to public procurement available!
**Now also available as an e-book though Apple and Kobo!