PSAELETHICS 1: Introduction to Professional Ethics
The goal of Introduction to Professional Ethics is to identify and describe approved and accepted professional, ethical, and moral behavior for professional figure skating coaches. Acknowledgement of core responsibilities of the coaching profession is the cornerstone of ethics. Respect, Responsibility, and Integrity encompass the standards of ethical behavior that coaches are expected to exhibit in their role as the primary facilitator of developing skaters. The premise behind this course is to encourage an integrated approach to ethics regarding the professional development of figure skating coaches. When ethical standards are applied consistently, they enable coaches to emphasize and nurture the long-term best interests of skaters and allow coaches to facilitate the development of the highest potential of the skaters.
This e-learning course may be located in an already existing e-learning CER Module. You may still take this course and receive an additional PSA educational credit even if you already took it in a Module. This course is NOT a CER and cannot be used toward CER credit for coach compliance.
No refunds are available for e-learning course purchases.
Once you register for the course, you will receive an email with a link to the course. Alternatively, you can access your e-learning course through My E-learning Courses on the left hand menu when logged in to your PSA account.
- The exam is “open book,” and the exams are NOT timed.
- Once the exam is started, it must be completed. Answers will not be saved if the exam is exited before it is finished. The exam will need to be attempted again and will count as one of the three allowed attempts.
- A passing grade of 80% (12 correct out the 15 questions presented) on the exam is required to earn credit for the course.
- In the event that you do not achieve a passing grade, please review the course content before attempting a retry.
- There are three (3) attempts allowed for this exam before a re-registration is required.
- Courses expire 2 years after the purchase date.