Refers to a supervised coach between the ages of 16 and 18. Intern members qualify to take the Basic Accreditation (written) exam. Intern membership in the PSA shall be open to persons of good morale character between the ages of 16 and 18 and subject to the following:
- Liability insurance shall be applied for on behalf of the Intern member to be co-signed by a parent or guardian and said insurance shall be in force as part of the membership qualifications.
- The Intern member shall regularly confer during their Intern Membership with a member in good standing of the PSA who is a senior rated coach or higher.
- No Intern member shall instruct in any skating activity beyond the level of the skating test (USFSA/ISI) passed by the Intern member.
- During the first 12 month period as an Intern member, or prior to age 18, whichever occurs first, the Intern member shall attend at least one seminar/workshop sponsored by the PSA. Membership shall become inactive if the Intern member does not attend.
- During the month the Intern member reaches the age of 18, the Intern member must convert his or her membership to an associate or full coaching membership.
- All PSA members are subject to the PSA Code of Ethics.