- You must read the requirements below and ensure you meet both of the requirements. Refunds will not be given if a person registers for an exam they are not qualified for.
- Safari is not compatible with the e-learning software. Please use a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc).
- You will have one (1) attempt to pass
- The Coaches’ Manual is the study guide for this exam and is included with the cost of the exam (savings of $25)
- The BA is not a CER exam
- Exam access will expire after 90 days
PSA Basic Accreditation Requirements:
1) Must be an associate or full member of PSA
2) Must have attended a PSA approved education program or completed four (4) e-learning courses within one (1) year prior to taking the exam
The first step in the PSA Ratings System is to take and pass the Basic Accreditation (BA) written exam. This exam covers basic knowledge of coaching figure skating The BA exam is based information in the PSA Coaches' Manual (included with the exam registration) which is the course content for this exam. The PSA Coaches' Manual will assist in preparation for the exam.
Rated coaches, including those who have passed the Basic Accreditation (BA) exam or the Foundations of Coaching Course (FCC) certification, are required to obtain a total of twenty-eight (28) educational credits every three (3) years in order to maintain an active rating. Coaches have three membership years after taking the BA or attending an FCC to obtain the first 28 credits.
A year is based on the PSA membership year - July 1st to June 30th.
The exam for PSA Basic Accreditation will consist of 50 questions derived from the PSA Coaches Manual. The exam is "open book," and the exam is NOT timed. However, once the exam is started, it may not be exited until it is completed. If the exam is exited before it is completed and submitted, the system will not save the answers and the exam will fail. To take the exam again, a registration fee must be paid again.
A passing grade of 80% (40 of the 50 questions correct) is required to earn credit for the course. In the event that you do not achieve a passing grade of 80%, the exam cannot be retried. The PSA Coaches Manual content should be reviewed before attempting the exam again.