SCAA Quarterly Sector Report
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have completed the transaction, please return to your account and click My Transactions to download the file.
The SCAA is pleased to announce an exciting partnership for our annual publication, the SCAA Retailer Survey. We will now be offering this survey in quarterly installments, with an extensive overview published at the end of the year. This first quarterly report will cover October-December of 2009.
We have partnered with Cleveland Research Company, an independent research firm specializing in proprietary channel research with a goal to identify trends and inflections that impact the financial performance and outlook across multiple companies and industries. This partnership will allow us to deliver more timely information and a consistent stream of reports to our members and other industry professionals. The analysis will be deeper and more specific, bringing you the essential data that you need to run a successful business in the specialty coffee industry.
Included in this report:
· Fourth quarter sales trends
· Regional sales breakdown
· Competitive Outlook
· Traffic and Ticket Sales
· Category and Segment Trends
Pricing and Cost Trends
· Pricing Compared to Cost Increases
· What is important to customers? Broken down by category
Big Picture Trends
· Specialty Coffeehouses Compared to Other Foodservice Segments
· Food Cost Inflation
· Trends in Electricity and Natural Gas Prices
· Fuel Prices vs. Foodservice Sales
· Employment Trends vs. Foodservice Sales