The New York Chapter of RMA (RMA NY) provides a forum for risk management professionals in the global financial services industry.
RMA NY's mission is to promote the understanding and practice of risk management and its role in the success of the enterprise. RMA NY works to provide individuals in financial risk management with expert opinion, best practices, and the experience of peer organizations.
To that end, we offer timely, relevant events and programming, as well as networking and volunteering opportunities that help our members make professional connections while developing skills and careers.
The RMA New York Chapter Membership is over 400 and ranges from senior level executives to those just beginning their career. Members represent from large and mid-sized global financial institutions represented in New York. Members represent all disciplines in financial risk management, and come from a wide range of financial services companies, including:
RMA NY members represent a range of risk disciplines, covering:
- Securities industries
- Asset Management
- Hedge Funds
- Insurance/re-insurance enterprise
- Financial wealth gathering/management
- Regulatory agencies
- Rating agencies
- Vendors of financial services products
- Compliance and Regulatory
Membership is individual, as opposed to institutional, and open to individuals in financial risk management. By joining the New York Chapter of RMA, you gain special knowledge of the financial services industry as well as realize many opportunities for personal and professional growth, including:
- Substantially reduced fees to attend the monthly programs led by risk professional leaders.
- Periodic invitations to seminars run by 3rd party organizations in partnership with RMA NY.
- A hard copy of the membership directory.
- Inclusion in our searchable online directory of RMA NY members, which is updated continuously as new members join or the contact information for members changes.
- A forum to exchange ideas with fellow risk professionals.
- Access to the password-protected Members section of the RMA NY website, which contains speaker presentations from recent programs as well as a searchable online directory of RMA NY members.
Please click here for a copy of our Chapter Bylaws.
In recognition of the contributions made by our speakers, RMA NY currently makes donations to: West Side Campaign Against Hunger. WSCAH provides food, social service counseling and wellness programs to New York City residents.
Please hold the following dates for future programs:
Wednesday, September 12th 2018: TBA
Tuesday, October 9th 2018: TBA