This workshop includes 6.0 CEUs and a workbook including step-by-step techniques to treat trauma.
Treating the Traumatized Child And Family: A Step-by-Step Family Therapy Approach with Dr. Scott Sells
It's not easy when a therapist who's meeting an entire traumatized family only possesses the tools to treat an individual child. Unfortunately, until now, treatment for the traumatized family has been very limited. In this workshop, you'll gain the step-by-step tools needed to work effectively with both child and family. Each participant will receive the book entitled: Treating the Traumatized Child: A Step-by-Step Family Systems Approach (Springer Publications, 2017).
Workshop Benefits Include:
• In-Depth Application of the Tools and Model Phases in the Book
• Special Treatment Issues (e.g. complex trauma, foster care, reactive attachment, couples therapy, combat trauma, anxiety, etc.)
• Family Systems approaches to cases involving cultural differences, inner city youth, complex grief, domestic violence, and sexual abuse
• Handouts and assessment tools to quickly diagnose and treat trauma in both the child and family
• Structural and strategic directives called “wound playbooks” to help families clarify their roles in dysfunctional sequences and develop a clear, collaborative plan of action
• Step-by-step techniques such as the “stress chart” and “seed/tree diagram” to treat the child and the family that include video case examples with families on how these techniques are applied.
This workshop qualifies for 6 Category I Continuing Education hours.
Dr. Scott Sells
Date & Time:
Friday, September 21, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Check-In begins at 8:30 am. Please arrive no later than 8:45 am to sign in. The training begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm.
2820 Waterford Lake Drive
Midlothian, VA 23112
Registration Fee - includes workbook, lunch and CE certificate (emailed after event)
NASW Members - $150
Non-Members - $200
PAYMENT & REFUND POLICY:
If you choose the "Bill Me" option during checkout, please mail payment within 7 days of registering in order to hold your seat. You will receive a confirmation email with your purchase information following checkout; this will serve as your invoice, no other invoices will be provided.
Checks should be made out to NASW Virginia and mailed to:
4860 Cox Road, Suite 200
Glen Allen, VA 23060
If a registrant cancels more than 10 days before the event, a refund will be issued by check or credit back to your credit card, minus a 10% administrative fee.
If cancelation occurs less than 10 days prior to the event, no refund will be issued but you may request a credit towards a future training to be used within 1 year of the cancelation date. Call the Chapter Office (804-204-1339) to cancel within 10 days of the training. A request for credit may be granted at the discretion of the Executive Director in case of a documented emergency.