The program will focus on small businesses valuation in the shadow of Covid-19. Covid-19's effects on the economy has magnified risk and uncertainty for small business - lowering most businesses valuations.
The program will look at the economic impacts on small business including creative solutions some owners and management teams have come up with to survive and thrive. We will then dive into problematic areas of actual small business valuation cases to review theory and tie it into the actual application of methods using best practices and professional judgment. Finally we will look at why now may be an excellent time to gift business interests. This webinar will be hands on with audience questions and succinct opinions welcomed.
- Distinguish differing risk factors between large companies and small companies.
- Understand how some companies are surviving and even prospering in these times of uncertainty.
- Collection of qualitative data which I refer to as "soft data" such as internal soft data (processes, management, etc.) and external soft data (economy, industry, etc.) and then the application of findings to valuation cash flows and risk adjustments.
- Estimating and applying a Covid-19 marketability discount for a control interest / and lack of control interest for periods of high uncertainty.
- Reviewing a projection to determine suitability as a forecast and to then apply to future cash flow estimates
- Integrating the balance sheet or in some cases lack of balance sheet into micro and small business valuations.
Date & Time
Webinar: Thursday, October 29, 2020
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 pm Eastern (11:00 am Pacific)
NASBA approved for 1.0 CPE credit; 1.0 (M)CLE credit*
Please note CPE credit cannot be provided if you participate only via telephone
Education Credit*: AAA-CPA Members $15.00; Non-Members $30.00
Non-Education Credit (Listen-Only): AAA-CPA Members: FREE; Non-Members $25.00
Gregory R. Caruso, JD, CPA, CVA
Author, Business Broker & Valuation Expert, Lifelong Learner, Skier.
After valuing hundreds of small businesses, brokering over 60, and being Editor in Chief of "Around the Valuation World," the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts monthly continuing education webinar, he has written "The Art of Business Valuation, Accurately Valuing a Small Business." In this book, he shares effective valuation methodologies and common-sense practices for valuing small businesses with revenues less than $10 million. As he frequently explains, Home Depot is not the same as a local hardware store, nor should it be valued the same way!
Some people know what they want to do when they grow up and spend their entire lives in that one area. Greg has taken the road less traveled, enjoying a number of different professions and learning as much as he can from each. After stints in construction project management, home building, sales and law, he collected all of his knowledge in these areas and has been working as a business valuation expert and business broker for the last two decades.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.