Public Policy, Politics & the Practice of Medicine
March 13, 2019 11:30-1:00 @CMA Offices
Ohio has a new Governor, a new Speaker in the Ohio House, and Central Ohio has several new legislators, including our first Representative who is a practicing physician.
This practice managers luncheon be a time to learn the latest on public policy. We’ll discuss the political landscape in Ohio and its potential impact on issues. Additionally, we will review of new laws passed in the previous 2017-2018 General Assembly and look at some specific future areas of issues, including
- Status of prior authorization for practices following implementation of new law;
- Price transparency: what will be required of practices to share with patients?
- Implementation of medical marijuana;
- Maintenance of Certification (MOC): new law or new specialty society policies?
- Pharmacy benefit managers and potential impacts from mergers of pharmacy/insurance companies
- Update on efforts related to the opioid crisis in Central Ohio
Ways to RSVP:
· Click here for a downloadable flyer
· Selection the "register for this event" link below
· Contact Cassandra Foster or call 614-240-7410