Step into Power: Tactical Leadership Skills is an intensive one day leadership-skills class that will arm you with tactical skills you can apply to your “real world” work challenges. Learn your own problem-solving style and how to recognize others’ styles so that you can more effectively lead, manage, collaborate, and have those difficult conversations, 360 degrees. The workshop builds your management skills and overall tactical leadership competencies.
We are offering Tactical Leadership Skills in an accelerated, full-day format for your convenience! Anne will share with you best practices and tips that will noticeably improve your leadership, management, and collaboration. This accelerated session will cover a range of topics all in one day.
To learn more about the full Step into Power program click here.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Understand problem solving as it relates to leadership, management, and collaboration, learning how to assess what others need from you as a leader, manager, and team member;
- Facilitate and participate in meetings so that you accomplish your goals and are seen as a leader regardless of your position;
- Learn best practices for working with a range of colleagues (especially challenging ones);
- Transform difficult conversations into opportunities to lead and generate great outcomes;
- Learn how to initiate uncomfortable conversations and get what you want;
- Learn to focus everyone on mutual needs and manage expectations;
- Develop your staff and collaborate more effectively with everyone from your staff, to peers, to clients, to members, and to your manager;
- Easily assessing what others need from you as a leader; and
- Understanding colleagues’ strengths and blind spots as a means of creating a highly effective team.
- Create Win-Win Conversations by relying on your tangible skill development, including the ability to diffuse difficult situations through:
- Listening for and distinguishing your colleague’s goals from his or her proposed strategies;
- Using awareness of self and others to quickly identify needs in order to find mutually; agreeable strategies
- Techniques for dealing with defensiveness.
About the facilitator, Anne CollierAn expert leadership coach and trainer, Anne Collier gives clients a competitive edge by helping them discover their strengths and teaching them how to use those strengths to their greatest advantage. Clients walk away from Anne’s coaching and workshops with a powerful set of tools that helps them identify and achieve critical goals, including enhancing communication skills, developing leadership and management skills, and boosting team performance with an enduring sense of purpose. Anne practiced law in Washington, D.C. with Miller & Chevalier, Chtd and King & Spalding, where she represented and advised Fortune 500 corporations on various tax and business matters. Prior to private practice, Anne was an attorney with the Treasury Department.
1575 I St NW
1st Floor Conference Room
Washington, DC 20005-1105
Metro: McPherson Square
Tactical Leadership Skills Workshop: $975
View the Step into Power bundle:
Interested in WGR's Leadership Development Programs? Click here and we will keep you in the loop!
As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied 8 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
Payment & Refund Policy
WGR Registration Fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable. You may substitute someone else at your membership level for your registration without penalty; however, membership benefits are non-transferable. If your replacement is not in your membership sector, you will be responsible for the difference in fees.
Consent to use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at WGR events constitutes an agreement by the registrant to WGR’s use and distribution of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs and videotapes.
Please make sure your phone number and email address are accurate in your customer profile. In the event we need to contact you on the status of an event, WGR will make every effort to get the information to you via email and phone.