Welcome to Your AMTA Website Account
This area of the AMTA website contains your online account and personal information. Keep track of your purchases, change your contact information, see list of your committees, and manage your events here.
For current members of AMTA, your online account is used for your listing in the Online Directory where consumers will be able to search for qualified music therapy professionals in their area. You can adjust the information you want to appear online by clicking on the "My Information" tab and then "Edit Information." Your primary address and contact information is used for your online listing. Remember, if you do not want your information to appear online, you can check the "Do Not Publish Info Online" box. If you have special address concerns, please contact the AMTA office and we will be happy to help you. AMTA members enjoy member only access to information and resources on this website, discounts, research, support and more. Plus you can join AMTA and pay for your membership online. For more information, go to About Music Therapy and AMTA and learn more about the wealth of benefits membership brings.
Help us build the future of music therapy... join AMTA Today!
What Membership in AMTA Offers
- Advocacy: AMTA conducts advocacy work with the US Dept. of Education, US Dept. of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Joint Commission, CARF, Health Professions Network, Obama Transition Team, Arts Advocacy Days, the healthcare reform process and active AMTA state task forces.
- Reimbursement: Music therapists filing for reimbursement have increased over the past five years. In 2009, Medicare listed music therapy in the Federal Register as part of the PPS system for inpatient rehabilitation. Having this in print in a current federal document is a valuable achievement.
- Research & Autism Strategic Priorities: Workgroups promote high quality and systematic reviews of qualitative research, guidelines on articulating music therapy interventions, research protocols, and an updated summary of the best available evidence for work with autism.
- Media: AMTA responds to request for information from major media outlets including: The Boston Globe, PBS, Miami Herald, NPR, New York Times, US News and World Report, CNN, The Washington Post, Chicago Sun Times, Wall Street Journal and more.
- Scholarship & Training: New publications include a flash drive with 44 years of searchable research, new editions of Music in Special Education and Music Therapy with Premature Infants. The AMTA.pro podcast series offers over 30 symposia available at your convenience on a variety of topics. Nine scholarship/grant funds for students and professionals to increase professional growth.
- Conferences: Substantially discounted rates for conferences
- Resources: Job Center, royalty free music, policy updates on the website and more.
There is power in numbers.
Let's band together for a strong voice for music therapy!
- Support Music Therapy
If you would like to make a charitable contribution that will help make a real difference in ensuring quality music therapy services throughout the United States, consider a gift to AMTA. Secure online contributions can be conveniently made through Network for Good.
Login with your email address and password. You must be a current member to access the Member Area.